Sunday, December 6, 2020



Wildflower Graves by Rita Herron
(Detective Ellie Reeves #2)


My Rating: ★★★★


Detective Ellie Reeves heads into the wilds of the Appalachian Mountains when she wants to get lost and forget all the whispers chasing her and the past that keeps her up at night. She’s sick of having to prove herself to her small town.

But hiking in the endless miles of woods isn’t the escape she was hoping for. A gust of wind blows some petals on to Ellie’s path. Following the trail, she finds a golden-haired young woman dead on a bed of daffodils, with a note: ‘Monday’s child is fair of face.’

When Ellie emerges from the forest, she receives a message on her phone. Someone has sent her a picture of her colleague, Officer Shondra Eastwood with a challenge to find and save her before it’s too late.

Ellie is up against a serial killer who will claim a victim for every day of the week. Ellie needs to figure out who the killer is and save Shondra before he gets to her first.

I was so glad to read this one! I really loved the first book in this series and this was equally good as well!

It continues from where the first book ended but that’s just to give a slight background. The main characters are well written, Ellie is definitely one of my favourites . Also, there are so many twists throughout the plot that it keeps you guessing right till the end.

I tried to guess who the killer was but I just got it wrong. There were so many victims (one for each day of the week), I just wanted to know more about them and why were they chosen. The end was definitely an exceptional twist that I didn’t see coming.

Overall an excellent read. And I also loved the way the end was left hanging with a hint of what to expect next, that makes me even more eager to read the next book in the series. The secrets just keep getting better.

Thank You NetGalley and Bookouture for this ARC!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment