Thursday, January 7, 2021


YOUR NEIGHBOUR'S WIFE  by  TONY PARSONS





My Rating: ★★★


Tara Carver seems to have the perfect life. A loving mother and wife, and a business woman who runs her own company. But, one night of madness, on a work trip far from home, she puts all this at risk.

And suddenly her dream life becomes a living nightmare when the married man she spent one night with tells her he wants a serious relationship with her. And that he won’t leave her or her precious family alone until she agrees.

There seems to be only one way out. And it involves murder.

It was good read but I am actually confused about how I feel about it as a whole.

Initially I was engrossed in the plot because it was intriguing. Tara is happily married but that doesn’t stop her from having a one-night stand with a complete stranger who then becomes her worst nightmare. James Caine is one of the creepiest stalkers I have read about. He has no problem in wrecking Tara’s life to achieve what he wants, i.e., Tara.

I went on reading because I was eager to find out how Tara would deal with James to protect her family and career and also to what extent James would go to destroy it all. It was definitely tension filled.

But once I finished reading the book, I found myself ending up finding too many loopholes in the plot. I started to question the actions of most of characters especially James’s wife, she was one weird lady. Also, I didn’t quite understand the ending.

So, the plot, in spite of having some good twists it did lack a bit of reality.

Thank You NetGalley and Random House UK, Cornerstone for this ARC!

No comments:

Post a Comment