Monday, March 29, 2021


ONE PERFECT GRAVE  by  STACY GREEN

(Nikki Hunt #2)





My Rating: ★★★


When the remains of two bodies are found in an open grave along a desolate highway in Stillwater, Minnesota, Special Agent Nikki Hunt knows exactly who they are. The bright blue jacket lying on the frozen earth belongs to Kellan Rhodes, the missing boy she’s desperately been trying to find for the last two days. The other body is his mother Dana, who had been Nikki’s lead suspect.

Although the wounds on Dana’s body suggest she murdered her son and took her own life, Nikki finds evidence that suggests she was a victim too. Dana was desperately trying to regain custody of Kellan, and Nikki finds boot prints at the scene that belong to someone else.

When another child is reported missing, local journalist Caitlin Newport claims the cases are linked: Zach Reeves was taken away from his own mother in a custody battle, just like Kellan was.

Now, Nikki must decide if she can trust Caitlin again, before time runs out to find the killer and bring Zach home alive…

I loved the first book in this series and so when I saw this, I knew I had to read this!

The plot was so exciting and fast paced that I just couldn’t put it down. Nikki Hunt’s investigation along with all her team members is excellent and meticulous. The perpetrator is obviously a sick individual who targets little children, I did have doubts quite early into the book as to who it could possibly be. And I was glad to have guessed it right.

Agent Nikki Hunt’s work ethic, camaraderie with her colleagues as well as her ability to keep her emotions at check are some of the amazing qualities which definitely makes her one of my favorite FBI agents. I can’t wait for the next book in this series!

Overall, an excellent fast paced, edge of the seat thriller! Highly Recommended!

Thank You NetGalley and Bookouture for this ARC!

No comments:

Post a Comment